Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tired!

Today was a long one!  Worked all day and it was one of my days where I'm exhausted at the end of the day.  So tired that my eyes hurt.  No rest for the weary though.  Went straight to my daughters high school to watch her swim meet.  Helped time at the swim meet which is always fun.  I love being in the middle of the kids and all the goings on during the meet.  I cheer on everyone!

When the meet was over I swam laps.  It gets a little easier every time.  I have paid enough attention to my kids practices to have some ideas about ways to get better.  I was only going to swim 30 minutes and then go home and do weights and such in my garage but I knew how tired I was.  I didn't want to swim.  I really didn't want to finish my swim, get dressed, go home, change my clothes and do more.  So I just stayed in the pool longer.  Holy moly! I don't know how the high school kiddos do 2 hour practice every day!  Right now I can barely lift my arms.

My youngest goober's club coach saw me and since I am now a "regular" swimmer she got me some fins and gave me a 15 minute mini lesson.  Super cool and just a few suggestions helped so much.  I have a lot to learn in getting my breathing all coordinated but I'm already feeling better in just a few weeks.

I lost just over 10 pounds the first week of my adventure.  I think I had a lot of water weight and bloating.  Since then I have had no change.  No loss but also no gain so that is something.  It's hard to focus on the health goal and not get fixated on the scale.

My friend had this awesome picture on her facebook page today.  It's a good reminder that I'm doing all this for my health.  Bottom line!  No excuses!


I'm liking the cross training more than I had anticipated.  It's nice to change things up and keep things from getting boring.  I have a couple of weeks before I officially begin my training plan for the Half Marathons but I'm going to keep my momentum going.  

One month before my next doctor's appointment.  It will be interesting to see what he says and what the next step will be.  I'm optimistic that we must be narrowing in on why I'm not losing weight but it has been a long and frustrating year.  Praying for answers and praying for patience.  

Thanks for the support!  

1 comment: