Saturday, February 9, 2013

Great Run!

Ok, I don't like to put something on here everyday because I don't want to be a pest but....

Today I had to do my long run for the week.  I was supposed to run 6 miles.  I had a hard time with my three mile run yesterday so I was a little apprehensive about going double the distance today.

This is the first run that I didn't hurt at all.  Usually I deal with an assortment of aches and pains.  Some days are better than others but I feel like for the past two months I have been really pushing my body to change and it has been grumpy about it.

The weather was great.  No wind, about 38 degrees and it didn't rain.  I had just the right amount of clothing so that once I got going I was warm but not overly hot.  The first mile I felt awesome and started out too fast.  I tend to do that.  I'm working on starting out slower so that I can get faster as I go instead of starting out fast and then getting slower every mile.  So mile two I slowed down quite a bit but still kept a pretty good pace and I still felt really good.  My goal was to have negative splits for the remaining 4 miles of the run.  Mission accomplished!


I can't believe I got faster each of the last four miles.  I was so stoked when I got done.  I am making progress.  My body is changing and getting stronger.  The lack of weight loss is a puzzle but everything else is telling me that I am improving my health.  Today was proof of that!  

I am going to hold on tight to the days that I feel successful and look back on the days where I'm feeling defeated and know that I CAN do this.  

I watched my beautiful daughter finish her District swim meet today.  She was incredible and I am so proud of her.  She didn't come in first in any of her swims and her chances of swimming at State are slim but she was so happy!  She had her very best times in every single race today!  She had set goals for herself and what she wanted to accomplish and she didn't just beat every goal, she annihilated them!  I'm so proud of her.  She worked hard for this day and it was so fun for her dad and I to watch and see how she just beamed.  How can I do any less then set goals for myself and work at annihilating them too?  She is such an inspiration to me and I'm blessed beyond belief to be her mom!  

It has a been a most excellent day.....I think I need a nap now!




No comments:

Post a Comment