Thursday, June 20, 2019

Remembering

My last day of work for the school year was last Friday.  I gave myself Saturday to just do nothing.  But that's it because we are moving at the beginning of July and I have a lot to do between now and then. 

I also made a promise to myself that I would make a very real effort to get back into the regular routing of exercising.  That I would make it a part of my normal day again. 

Today is Thursday and I have done some activity every day since Sunday.  With all these different things I did I have been remembering a few things. 

  • I remembered that I can do hard things.
  • I remembered that being tired from working out is much better than being tired for no reason at all. 
  • I remembered that I actually like being sore because I'm pushing myself.  
  • I remembered how much fun it is to play on my bike.
  • I remembered how much I love swimming.  
  • I remembered that I do actually know how to run.  
  • I remembered how much exercise helps my mental health.  
  • I remembered that even though starting over isn't very fun, I know I can get back to where I was.  As long as I don't give up on myself.  
My first week back to taking care of myself better was busy with a lot of shorter activities.  Best part was being out in the sunshine!!

Sunday I hiked with my husband and my puppy.
So many daisies!
Following my hubby to the top of Bald Hill.

Monday I did a short bike ride in the sunshine. 
Tuesday I ran around the neighborhood where I will be moving to and explored.
Can we go yet Mom?
Wednesday I swam with my coach in an outdoor pool.  
Worth the drive to Corvallis to be able to swim outside!!
Today I did an Open Water Swim with my friend at Foster Lake.
Adventures with Pote. 💜
Foster Lake.  No wind and the water was warm.  Great day for a swim!

I am sore.

I am tired.

I have a lot of ground to make up.

But I am remembering why I started in the first place and why I kept going. 

There are a lot of things out of my control right now. 

This is something I can do for myself and I have complete control over. 

I am remembering that I am a Badass with Sparkle.  Even if it's not as bright as it has been,

It's good to see that sparkle again.


No comments:

Post a Comment