Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Getting out of the way!

On Sunday when I went on my run it was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue and it was gorgeous.  Because of the circumstances of the weekend I had been unable to run on Saturday so I was just going for a slow and steady pace and to get the miles in.  Along the run I was thinking about how I'm running in place and getting nowhere fast.  While on this run I was thinking how I wish that God would just either heal me or make it so that someone would figure out what the problem is so we can take care of it.  Suddenly I realized that at no time throughout this journey had I really just given it all to God and let Him be in charge of it.  So for the rest of my run that is what I worked at.  I asked for help, guidance and strength and that His will be done. 

Sounds easy, right?  Sometimes being a Christian and giving struggles to God is easier said then done.  I think God wanted me to really get this idea on Sunday because that evening I was at my best friends house and we were hanging out and talking.  She was telling me about how at church this morning she had been thinking about me during the message.   It was about giving our struggles to God and then getting out of His way.  Huh, imagine that.  I have this aha moment in the morning and then God makes sure I hear the message by having one of my closest friends say pretty much the same thing. 

This week has been getting out of God's way.  Am I still frustrated about the lack of weight loss?  Of course.  Giving something to God doesn't just mean all my emotions are all better right away. Am I going to make sure that I am not only doing what I am supposed to do in order to be healthy but also that I am going to trust that God has a plan and that there is a purpose in this experience?  Absolutely!

Monday I had an awesome run.  It was another beautiful day and I was able to push and get negative splits again with my 4th and last mile being my fastest yet at 12'19 and my average pace for the entire run at 12'49.  Making improvements!

Yesterday I needed to do five miles with hills.  So I went back to North Albany.  This time I went down Thortan Lake Rd (rolling hills), up Scenic (short but steep), down Scenic, (yay for downhill!), up Gibson (deceptive hill, just keeps going, and going, and going...), then down North Albany Rd. (thank goodness for downhill!).  I got a late start so the end of the run was dark.  I was glad I had my safety vest since it was raining and I was running on the side of the road.  People are idiots and I really didn't want to get hit by one.  I managed to run all of it except the last part of Scenic.  I'll get it next time.  Everything seemed to hurt.  I'm trying hard to not come down with a cold and I'm sure that didn't help.  So the success in this run was that I got it done and I ran 95% of it.  I came home wet, tired and grumpy.  I had to do lots of asking God to help my attitude because it wasn't good last night.

This morning I got up and did my 30 minute swim.  That's also getting better.  I am able to keep moving the entire 30 minutes and I can almost swim one length of the pool breathing from both sides with my face down in the water in between.  Just like my kids although I'm sure it isn't as pretty as when they do it.  :-)  I'm glad I went this morning because I'm still trying to not be sick and it was nice to come home and not have to think about my workout.  I posted on Facebook that I would love to have someone bring/make me dinner and weird, no one took me up on it!

I'm going to keep working on getting healthy and lean on God when I'm tired and frustrated.  I'm also going to make sure that I let God do whatever it is that needs to be done.  I'm getting out of His way!


No comments:

Post a Comment