Thursday, June 30, 2022

Still Moving!

Hey!  Me again.  😄

It's been a week into my journey back to being an active person.  

Last week I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.  I took Saturday as a rest day. 

Most of those days I got up early and did the workout first thing in the morning to avoid the heat.  Because I 100% know that I hate working out in the heat and will find all the excuses to not go.  

This week I have already worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today.  Planning on a swim tomorrow, hopefully in the outside pool and the sunshine!

Gotta love purple flowers on my first run of the summer!
Love seeing the blue sky after a very rainy spring!
Love the flowers throughout the neighborhood!
Sun coming up as I finished my walk on Sunday.

Doesn't seem like much.  The distances weren't great and the time wasn't long.  But I had said I wanted to work out at least 30 minutes every day and I did that.  

So I'm taking the win.  

I did eight run/walks that totaled 19.4 miles.  One bike ride for 6.2 miles and a swim that was 437 yards.  

This totals up to 25.85 miles of exercise for the first eleven days of my working at being active again.  

Doesn't sound like a lot but when you compare it to zero miles it sounds like quite a bit.  ;-)  

Perspective.  

Tuesday I woke up with a headache and just had a hard time getting going.  I had summer school at 9:00 am so I didn't get my run done.  This meant I had to do my workout after I got done at noon.  I'm not going to lie, I didn't want to do anything when I got home.  I was tired and all I wanted to do was take a nap.  But I knew if I did that then I wouldn't do the workout at all.  

So I put on my running shoes, got the dog and headed out the door.  

At the local park there is a path that is 1/2 mile long.  I have been trying to run (slow job really) at least one lap every walk.  Today I got 6/10 of a mile.  Doesn't sound like much but I'm just wanting to do a teeny bit better each time than I did before.  It doesn't always work but I'm trying to be okay with that as well.  

Tuesday my run was a little farther, a little faster and the actual run portion was a little longer.  

I'm going to take that all as wins.  

I haven't gotten on the scale since the first part of last week.  I don't want to be discouraged so I'm ignoring that for right now.  

I have been logging my food into MyFitnessPal just to keep an eye on how much I really am eating.  That has been pretty stable overall.  But it's good to keep an eye on that to be sure. I've also been drinking more water.  I can tell that it will be really really nice to have a bathroom right next to my classroom next year.  Maybe I won't geel like I have to stop drinking water because I can't go use the restroom when I need to.  It's a lot easier to step out of the classroom for a couple of minutes (depending on the class) then it is to leave and have to go on a short trek there and back and be gone five or more minutes.  Chaos often ensues in that scenario.  lol  

It's a lot of small things.  I'm hoping by the end of the summer they have added up enough for me to see and feel changes.  

I know it won't happen overnight. 

Although I do wonder why the hell the weight goes on so fast and goes away so slow?!  It is grossly unfair!!

Joe and I have a spot to hang our race bibs and medals in the living room.  Every year we put the medals on big medal holder we have in our bedroom and start fresh in the living room.  Because of all the weirdness of the past two years I had just left our medals and bibs out in the living room.  But after putting in all of the events we have planned I decided that it was time to go back to the tradition of starting fresh each year.  You know, in June.  😉  

When I was putting the medals I earned in 2020 and 2021 I realized a couple of things.  First, I have done A LOT of different events over the years.  Which is really cool.  

I also realized that even though I feel like I have done NOTHING the last two years that isn't entirely true.  

I did a 13.1 mile bike ride for the Father's Day event my brother-in-law created at the beginning of COVID. 

I did an Aqua Bike event for Best in the West in 2020 (swim and bike) and got first place, first place in my age group AND last place.  I was the only one. 😂  It was virtual but I still did it at Foster Lake and had a fun day.  I also got my five year belt buckle because I've done five years of events at Best in the West.  That is super cool!

In 2021 I did the 5k at Best in the West, mostly so I could keep working towards getting the belt to go with my buckle.  😊

I also did the Silver Falls 7 Miler in 2021.  

So not maybe at the level of years past, but not sitting on my ass completely.  

Today for the first time in what seems like FOREVER I ran one mile without stopping!  

Slower than slow but I did it!

The crazy thing is that I was looking at my Facebook memories this came up.


Twelve years ago today was the first time I ran a mile when I first started running.  Here I am, back at it.  

On the one hand, it's hard to be starting over.  Everything hurts and I'm so slow.  

But on the other hand I haven't given up.  

I'll take that as a win.  😀

Seems like there are lots of things in the win column right now.  





No comments:

Post a Comment