Monday, December 21, 2015

Selfies with Meighan

I was going through my pictures looking for some that I wanted to print off for friends for some Christmas presents.  As I went through them I realized that my youngest daughter has been a big part of my journey to becoming a healthier me.  My other two children have moved out and while they are fantastic and super supportive of me and my journey, Meighan is the one who has to live with the day to day reality of a mom who is trying to get healthier.  Not only does she support me and encourage me but she joins in on the fun.  I hadn't realized how much until I started looking at all the selfies we have taken over the last few years on all of our adventures.

So this blog is a celebration of the relationship between me and my baby girl.
July 18, 2012 Take Me Out to the Ball Park 5k
September 8, 2012 OSU Football game
March 16, 2013 - Running together around the neighborhood.
May 23, 2013 - At a track meet for big sister, Bri.
August 26, 2013 - Another neighborhood run. 
October 6, 2013 - Cheering on our friends Josh, Wendie and Betsy at the Portland Marathon
October 13, 2013 - My first triathlon, Meighan's second!  So glad I got to share this experience with Meighan. 
November 28, 2013 - Thanksgiving Day Run.
Hangover Run 2014 (3K)  And no, neither of us actually had a hangover. 
June 28, 2014 - Pacific Crest Weekend.  Meighan 5k, Me 10k
July 16, 2014 - Take Me Out to the Ballpark 5k.  It was HOT!
August 16, 2014 - At a wedding together.  :-) 
September 28, 2014 - Top of Dimple Hill
December 20, 2014-Another run around the neighborhood.
January 18, 2015 - Cascade Half Marathon.  Meighan's first 10k and we got soaked.  :-)  
January 20, 2015 - Hike to Dimple Hill again.  :-)
February 14, 2015 - Trail Run at the coast.  Meighan and I both got lost, separately.  lol
April 14, 2015 - Meighan's track meet.  
April 19, 2015 - Cheering from home for Wade & Hannah for their Boston Marathon.
June 10, 2015 - 8th Grade Celebration, moving on to high school. 
June 13, 2015 - Leaving for 8th Grade DC/NYC trip!
July 26, 2015 - Watching Dad's Ironman.  It rained a bit while we watched the swim portion of the day. 
August 15, 2015 - Home from her Camp Counselor job for a night.  I miss her when she's gone!
September 8, 2015 - Meighan's first day of High School
November 10, 2015 - 15th Birthday AND she got her permit!
December 5, 2015 - Winter Formal.  First high school dance.  She's growing up WAY too fast!
November 26, 2015 - Thanksgiving Day Run  
Thank you sweet girl for being part of our many adventures the last few years.  Thank you for believing in your mom.  Can't believe how fast you are growing up!!  Looking forward to many more adventures before you are off on your own.

(And if you are wondering about the other two kiddos, they have some kudos coming their way for being amazing and supporting their mother.  One at a time.)  :-)

I am grateful to have a wonderful family that has encouraged me every step along the way on this journey to becoming a healthier me.  I love that the changes that my husband and I have made over the years has had an influence on all of our kids, in a very positive way.  :-)

If you are looking for a reason to start becoming healthier, look at your family.  Work at becoming a healthier you so that you can have adventures with them and also help them develop healthy habits as well.

Another fun thing about all these pictures is that I used to avoid pictures at all cost.  At the beginning of my journey to becoming a healthier me I made a conscious decision to be in more pictures and acknowledge that I don't have to be thin to be happy and worthy of being in pictures.  I don't always like the pictures of myself.  But I love the smiles and fun memories with my friends and family.  Looking at all these selfies with Meighan makes my heart happy.  It was worth it every time!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment