Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bad Ass Day!!

It's almost noon and I have run a 5K and then did a intense STAR workout for an hour after that.  What have you done today?  :-)

What a difference a week can make in attitude.  Monday I felt defeated, like I would never win this battle.  Today I feel like I am a rock star.  Granted, I was still slow and uncoordinated.  Many of the stations were really HARD!  But I tried, made my muscles quiver, groaned and grunted.  I think I wasn't the only one.  :-)  Who knew that pushing a tire (laying flat) up an incline would be that hard!  I am here to tell you it is not an easy task, and there were two of us pushing one tire!

I don't know why today was so different.  Maybe I was PMSy on Monday.  lol

This is what I had to keep reminding myself all week:

Source: fitsugar.com via Kayla on Pinterest

This is what got my through my mental funk this week.  I was NOT going to waste all the effort I have put in since December 26th by giving up!!

I did a 30 minute swim on Thursday for my cross training.  I think I like doing the swimming so much because I get to sit in the hot tub when I'm done as my reward for sucking it up and getting my big self in a suit and trying not to drown for 30 minutes!

Yesterday was a rest day.  We had a Spaghetti Dinner/Silent Auction fundraiser for our 8th graders going to DC/NYC this coming June.  So it wasn't very restful.  And I wasn't feeling very good so I was already dreading this morning.

I was supposed to run today and I was pretty sure that it wasn't going to happen after the STAR workout.  So I got up early and ran before the class.  I technically was supposed to go between 4 and 5 miles but since I knew that I would probably be working a bit hard in the class it would be okay if I didn't go as far or as fast.

I ran a 5K around my neighborhood.  No rain or wind and not much traffic.  It was cold but I got warmed up in no time.  I was slow but I didn't push it.    Here's my info about the run:

I'm sore and tired.  I still haven't lost any weight.  But you know what?  I kind of feel like a bad ass today!  I did TWO workouts and one of them was WAY out of my comfort zone.  Didn't do it well but I TRIED everything.  

I think I will take a nap now.  :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment