Saturday, January 26, 2013

I don't wanna...

I've really been struggling with being tired this week.  It's very hard to be motivated to work out when all you want to do is snuggle up on the couch and take a nap.  Yesterday was a grading day so I didn't have to be in to work until I got there.  I decided to get up and run in the morning and did a 5K around the neighborhood.  I ran the first two miles at a pretty good pace and then walked the last mile.

Today I woke up and stayed in bed for about an hour reading.  When I did get up I snuggled up on the couch and kept reading.  I knew I should be getting ready to run and I just didn't want to.  This was the first time all month that I really had a bad time getting motivated.  I was just so tired and staying home and hanging out on the couch sounded so much nicer!  Being tired all the time is just the pits!  Some days I'm not sure which is more frustrating, no movement on the scale or being so stinking tired all the time.

I finally put on my running clothes and still fiddle farted around before I finally started off.  The first mile wasn't too bad, I was running through neighborhoods.  The second mile was out in the country and right into the wind.  Brrrrrr!  But then when I got to mile three I turned around and now the wind was at my back.  Much better.  :-)  I walked a half a mile on mile four, finished it running and then walked a quarter mile and then ran the last quarter mile.  I had my overall best average pace since I have been back to running.  I'm pretty happy about that, especially since I walked a couple of times.  As always, I was glad I went.  :-)

I tend to push myself too hard sometimes.  Always trying to improve and go faster and that isn't always best for my body so I am working hard at pushing myself but not killing myself.

Here's the info about today's excursion:


Even with the walking I kept a pretty steady pace so that's an improvement too.

Also, today I signed up for the Shamrock run in Portland in March.  We are doing the 15K.  I know I can do that but after I signed up I looked at the course map and yikes!  We run up the hill to OHSU and back down.  That ain't no little wussy hill!  Guess it's a good thing I've been going on all these hikes!

Here's a link to the race:

http://www.shamrockrunportland.com

Hiking tomorrow up Bald Hill.  I finally got my inhaler so it will be good to have it along and see if it helps when I'm huffing and puffing up the hill.

Found this picture on Pinterest and I love it!!  That voice is getting quieter but it's still there.




No comments:

Post a Comment